Thursday

Subject:  How to get to Heaven from Scotland
 
                                    

I was testing children in my Glasgow Sunday 
School class to see  if they understood the 
Concept of getting into heaven.


I asked them,  
"If I sold my house and my 
Car, had a big jumble sale and gave all my 
Money to the church, would that get me  
Into heaven?"


"NO!" 
the  children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed 
The garden and kept everything tidy, would 
That get me into  heaven?"


Again, the  answer was 
'No!'   


By now I was starting to smile.


"Well, then,  if I was kind to animals and 
Gave sweeties to all the children, and 
Loved my husband,  would that get me 
Into  heaven?"


Again, they all answered 
'No!'  


I was just bursting with pride for them.
  
I continued, 
"Then how can I get into  heaven?" 
 

                   
                                  
Little Johnny shouted,
     "Yuv got tae be dead"

Kinda brings a wee tear tae your  eye...
 

 
                  
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment